Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pressure Cooking

 


My husband bought me this Wolfgang Puck pressure Cooker a few weeks ago, and I am loving it! 

This is what I made my mashed potatoes in yesterday. You don't have to cut the potatoes up and them boil them in water. 

 All you have to do is wash them, and plop them in the pressure cooker, add a couple cups of water, and push a button. 

When they are done, they can be mashed even with the tongs you use to take them out of the pressure cooker. 

Yes, they are that tender. 

Th pressure cooker really takes a lot of prep out of your cooking, and saves so much time. 

It will even cook beans in 20 minutes, and you don't have to soak them overnight! Yeah!

It is also a steamer and a rice cooker too, so there is no need for more than one appliance to do the same job. 

I have cooked corn on the cob in it, potatoes, fish, and stock.

I will start a pressure cooking recipes section for anyone who is interested in pressure cooking. 

I am not familiar with any other brands of pressure cookers, so I do not know how they compare, but I love this one. 

I got it from HSN.
 I believe it is sold out right now, but it will come back. 

I highly recommend getting a pressure cooker. 

I am not geting anything at all for talking about this, by the way, I just love my pressure cooker!

You can cook a whole chicken in 20 min.! It's crazy! I haven't done that yet, but that's what the book says. 

I have cooked Tilapia, and it turns our perfect.

I will soon put all of these recipes up for you!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to reading about the adventures with your new pressure cooker!

    Laura

    hippressurecooking.com
    making pressure coookers hip again, one recipe at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overstock.com has them for $48.99, take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that is a good price. The one I got is the 7 quart, and the one on overstock.com is the 5 quart, but it is still a good price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hey I took a look again and they all said refurbished. Does that mean they are all used?

    ReplyDelete